Friday, May 25, 2012

Relationship Evaluation: Survivor or The Amazing Race

So I was watching the Survivor finale when a commercial for The Amazing Race comes on and I realize, those two shows perfectly charactarize my current and previous relationships.

My previous relationship was like Survivor.  Harsh conditions, deception, challenges, injuries, moments of fun and beauty, but ultimately only one of us was going to make it out alive.  It sounds exciting, but more than anything it was...dramatic. 

My currently relationship, my almost 10 year marriage to my best friend, is like The Amazing Race.  We started together, we'll end together.  We face obstacles and challenges, but we get through them by working together, communicating and compromising.  There are moments of fun and beauty and moments of conflict, but the overall feeling is one of accomplishment and love.

What reality show would you compare your relationship to?

No comments:

Post a Comment