Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Confession: I've been a bad, bad girl...

I've been careless with my delicate hair. I kept going from style to style without washing or conditioning for about a week and a half. I started with a wash 'n go, then I went to a twist out, then some up-dos.  When I finally sat down to detangle it was bad...really bad.

I was in the last week of a 30-day finger detangling challenge (no combs allowed).  I soaked my hair with water and used a ton of conditioner, but I still lost a lot of hair.  My ends were so raggedy and rough I ended up trimming a full 1/2 inch off the ends. *shakes head* I basically lost a month's worth of growth. 

As sad as that makes me, I also gained some styling experience. I'm still trying to decide whether or not it was worth it, but I'm determined to view every learning experience on this journey as a positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment