Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Big Chop


So I did it.  I got tired of dealing with two textures of hair and I was ready to cut it off myself.  Luckily my sister called and talked me down (Put down the scissors...now.).  My niece, fresh out of beauty school but not yet working, cut it for me for a reasonable price.  That was two weeks ago...and as scared as I was, I love it.  I almost don't want to grow it out.

Here are the best things about my TWA (teeny-weeny afro):

5.  Styling...while my options are somewhat limited, the things I can do are easy and low maintenance.  Afro, pushed back afro, pinned up afro, wash 'n go, twists, braids...

4.  Rain...no umbrella? no problem.  My hair can take it.

3.  Money...store bought products are a little pricey, but I don't have much hair so I don't use much product.

2.  Accessories...it's like I've got more room to explore now.  Hair accessories, jewelry, clothes, make-up...whatever I want!

1.  Driving...I can ride with the window down at 60 mph and my hair doesn't move!

No comments:

Post a Comment